NC Countdown to College FAQs
Use the same username and password as you do for your CFNC account.
It means you already created an account, so don’t create another one. If you don’t recall your user name, follow these steps to recover it:
- On the Sign In to RDS page, click the “Forgot Username / Password?” link.
- On the next page, under "Forgot Your Username?", enter your first name, last name, and email address, then click "Recover Username".
- Answer your security question in the text box provided, then click "Get Username".
- Your account name is displayed. Click the Back button to return to the Sign In to RDS page.
If you don’t recall your password, follow these steps to recover it:
- On the Sign In to NCResidency.org page, click the “Forgot your account name or password?” link.
- On the next page, under "Forgot Your Password?", enter your username and last name, then click "Reset Password".
- Answer your security question, enter your new password twice, then click "Reset Your Password".
- You return to the Sign In to RDS page.
Still Have Questions?
Consider attending one of our live virtual sessions on Residency (RDS), which will also cover the FAFSA. Below is the session description, dates and times, and the link to register to attend.
FAFSA & RDS Live Virtual Session
FAFSA & RDS go together like macaroni and cheese! Prepare to apply to college by completing both. Learn how to avoid the Top 10 FAFSA Errors and what you need to establish North Carolina Residency. Financial aid administrators and Residency Determination Service experts will be on hand for live chat, resources will be offered specific to your questions, and a short presentation every 15 minutes will help in case you don’t even know what to ask.