Decision Partners Financial Basics Scholarship Contest
The Decision Partners Financial Basics Scholarship is a $500 scholarship awarded randomly to two students a year who complete the Financial Basics course on CFNC.org and meet the eligibility requirements below.
Please read the following information for complete rules.
- The yearly Scholarship Contest starts on May 1 of each year and ends on April 30 of the following year. For example, students completing the course between May 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021, would be eligible for the 2021 award.
- To enter the Scholarship Contest, high school or first-year college students must have or create an account at CFNC.org and take Financial Basics online. A link to the course is available in the “Planning Resources” section of the website.
- To be eligible for an award, a student must meet the following requirements by April 30 of the contest year:
- Be (1) a North Carolina resident who attends or has previously graduated from an accredited high school located within the state of N.C.and plans to attend an accredited college or university within the state of N.C.to begin college work or (2) a first-year college student who currently attends an accredited college or university within the state of N.C.
- Have completed Financial Basics online at CFNC.org with a grade of 80% correct or higher. Students may re-take any questions they miss as often as needed to raise their grades to meet the minimum requirement.
- Be able to provide documentation of eligibility from the NC accredited high school or higher education institution attending if their name is drawn.
- Two (2) $500 college scholarships will be awarded to two separate individuals on or around May 1 of each year after the close of an annual Scholarship Contest. In the case of a winner accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university within the state of N.C., the scholarship shall be made payable to the accredited institution of higher learning. In the case of a winner still enrolled in high school and not yet accepted for enrollment in an accredited college or university within the state of N.C., the scholarship will be made payable to a Scholarship Account in North Carolina's National College Savings Program and available to the winner at the time he or she provides notification of acceptance or enrollment at an accredited N.C. college or university. The scholarship is not assignable or transferable and there shall be no changes or substitutions.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received at the conclusion of the contest.
- The winners are fully responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, licensing, and any other fees.
- No purchase or financial commitment is required to be eligible for the scholarship award.
- One entry per person.
- No employees, officers, directors, and/or any relatives of any employee, officer, or director of Decision Partners, Inc. and any related entities are eligible to enter.
- Decision Partners will randomly select two winners from the list of students who meet the eligibility requirements on or around May 1 of each year following the close of the annual Scholarship Contest. Winners will be notified by email, phone, and /or regular mail within 14 days of the drawing using the contact information available through their CFNC.org account. Winners will have three (3) days from notification to accept the prize by responding to Decision Partners by email, phone, or regular mail. Decision Partners and any affiliated organization shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts or fails to claim the scholarship, another winner will be selected in his/her place, at a later date to be determined. Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right to interpret these rules and to make decisions concerning the award, acceptance, and use of scholarships in situations not covered by these rules.
- Before the scholarship is awarded, the winner must sign a full and complete release and indemnity agreement enabling Decision Partners, Inc. and/or any of its related entities, including College Foundation, Inc., to reprint, distribute and/or use the winner's name and other information related to their scholarship eligibility, education, or other personal information provided by the winner to Decision Partners, Inc. or its related entities in any press releases, advertisements, promotions and promotional materials without any recourse against such entities and each winner agrees to hold such entities harmless for such use.
- Decision Partners, Inc. and its agencies shall not be liable for any injury or damage related to or resulting from entering or winning the Scholarship Contest. By entering the program, entrants release and hold Decision Partners, Inc. and its related entities harmless from any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the program or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
- If, for any reason, the online financial education program is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Decision Partners, Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Decision Partners, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
- Decision Partners, Inc. furthermore reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Contest for financial or other business reasons without prior notice.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law.
- The Scholarship Contest winners will be posted on http://www.decisionpartners.org/scholarship on or after May 1 of each contest year. To obtain the winner's names, you may also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Attn: Scholarship Winner" to the address below.
- All questions and/or correspondence pertaining to this contest, or to receive these official rules in writing, contact Decision Partners, Inc., 160 Westminster Ave., Arlington, MA 02474.