ATTENTION NC 529 PLAN and CFI LOAN Account Holders – Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is now required to access your account. If you’d like to change your 2FA method or you'd like to voluntarily add 2FA to your account, use this Quick Reference Guide.

Transfer Student Guarantees

North Carolina's statewide articulation agreements (CAA and ICAA) provide some guarantees that are helpful to know as you plan.  North Carolina Community College transfer students who successfully complete the Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), or Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) degree; and who seek admission to a University of North Carolina institution or any of the North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities who participate in the CAA are guaranteed the following:

  • Granted "junior" academic status

  • Granted 60-61 semester-hours of credit transferred

  • Fulfillment of the UNC Minimum Course Requirements (MCR's) in effect at the time of high school graduation

  • Completion of the lower division general education requirements. However, students must meet the receiving university's foreign language and/or health and physical education requirements, if applicable, prior to or after transfer to the senior institution

  • Admission to a UNC institution per the  Transfer Assured Admissions Policy (TAAP)*
  • Fulfillment of the UNC Minimum Course Requirements (MCR's) in effect at the time of high school graduation
  • Granted academic credit for  ALL courses completed with a grade of "C" or better per the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement Transfer Courses List

Note: In order to be eligible for the transfer guarantees, the student must graduate from the community college with an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree; and have an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and a grade of "C" or better in all CAA courses. Please refer to the  Comprehensive Articulation Agreement policy manual for specific requirements.

Independent colleges and universities that are not part of the ICAA also accept transfer students and generally have individual agreements with area community colleges.

*Please refer to the Transfer Assured Admissions Policy for additional information and to register.