Penn Family Scholarship
up to $3,000
- Be a resident of Rockingham County, North Carolina
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by Federal Methodology through the use of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time as an undergraduate student in one of the 16 UNC campuses in a degree-granting program
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the financial aid office
The Penn Family Scholarship was established as an endowed fund from the proceeds of the sale of the Chinqua Penn Plantation in Rockingham County. The income from the endowment is designated to provide scholarships for needy Rockingham County students attending one of the constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina.
- Contact the scholarship coordinator in the financial aid office of your participating campus
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as determined by the application process
Recipients will be selected by their colleges. Individual awards to students may vary between $1,000 and $3,000 per year. Whenever possible, scholarships should be used to reduce or eliminate the recipient's educational loans, not reduce eligibility for other grants or scholarships.
Scholarships are not automatically renewable though, a campus may elect to renew a student's funding.