NC Need-Based Scholarship
Up to $7,340
Until funds are exhausted
Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1
- Be a North Carolina resident as well as a North Carolina resident student for tuition purposes, as defined by North Carolina Residency Manual
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in at least 9 credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus
- Demonstrate a certain level of financial need based on calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet requirements for the Federal Pell Grant (except the EFC range restrictions)
Created by the 2011 North Carolina General Assembly, this is a need-based program for North Carolina residents attending private institutions of higher education located in North Carolina.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing at least one qualifying private North Carolina institution.
Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed. The FAFSA opens on October 1. Applicants should meet priority deadlines established by their institution. Late applicants may be denied if insufficient funds are available.
Eligibility is based on a calculation of need, using income data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).