NC Need-Based Scholarship for Private College Students
Until funds are exhausted
Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.
Created by the 2011 North Carolina General Assembly, this is a need-based program for North Carolina residents attending private institutions of higher education located in North Carolina.
- Be a North Carolina resident as well as a North Carolina resident student for tuition purposes, as defined by North Carolina Residency Manual
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in at least 9 credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus
- Demonstrate a certain level of financial need based on calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet requirements for the Federal Pell Grant (except the EFC range used for Federal Pell Grant awards)
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing at least one qualifying private North Carolina institution.
Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed. Applicants should meet priority deadlines established by their institution. Late applicants may be denied if insufficient funds are available.
Eligibility is based on a calculation of need, using data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students with EFCs of 16,000 or less are eligible.