Aubrey Lee Brooks Scholarship
up to $12,000
- Graduating high school senior
- Permanently reside and attend high school in one of the following counties:
- Alamance, Bertie, Caswell, Durham, Forsyth, Granville, Guilford, Orange, Person, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Swain, Warren
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student in a degree-granting program at one of the following:
- N.C. State University
- UNC-Chapel Hill
Established in 1955 by a Trust endowed by the late Aubrey Lee Brooks, these scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors from a 14-county area of North Carolina. The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority provides central administration for the Brooks Foundation.
- Complete an Aubrey Lee Brooks Scholarship Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as determined by the application process
Of the 17 scholarships, one is awarded to a student from the areas of Greensboro and High Point and to a senior at the N.C. School of Science and Mathematics who is from an eligible county. Additional criteria include merit, leadership, character, and the desire of the recipient to prepare for a career as a useful and informed citizen.
Brooks Scholars may receive additional funding for summer internships, research or travel abroad, and a one-time computer stipend of $2,500. The scholarship is renewable, provided the recipient has continued financial need, remains enrolled full-time at an eligible institution, maintains a 2.75 cumulative grade point average and good citizenship.