If you're going to college in the 2017-18 academic year and need help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), we'll make it easy. College Foundation of North Carolina, the North Carolina Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, and State Employees' Credit Union are offering free programs to help you complete and submit this important form.
Important Notes on Preparing for your FAFSA Completion:
- Each student and one parent should apply for a FSA ID at
Fsaid.ed.gov. Make sure to
keep a record of the parent's and student's email addresses, their answers to the
security questions, and both FSA IDs in a secure place. You'll need that information
to sign the FAFSA.
- Completing the 2017-18 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet in advance will help you get
familiar with what's on the electronic version you'll be completing and submitting.
Worksheet available at fafsa.gov.
- You'll need information from your 2015 tax filing. See #4 below for tips on completing the FAFSA.
- Tips for completing your FAFSA without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- After Submitting the FAFSA, what’s next? About the Student Aid Report (SAR)
Questions? Call 866-866-CFNC (2362)