Most colleges or universities hire students to work on campus in various jobs, either as part of a
financial aid award (typically called work-study) or because you have certain skills the college needs.
Benefits of on-campus work:
- Convenient location. Youre on campus for classes anyway.
- Possible relation to your major. If your work assignment is related to your major field,
you can gain valuable experience and good references for the future.
- More flexible schedule. Generally your supervisor understands your academic responsibilities
and is willing to schedule your work around your classes.
Examples of where you might work:
- Academic department
- Science or computer lab
- Student Center
- Student recreation or athletic facilities
- Dining hall
- Campus post office
- Admissions, financial aid or other administrative offices.
The financial aid office at your college or university can give
you more information on available options.