Need-Based Grants and Scholarships
What are Need-Based Grants and Scholarships?
- "FREE" money that you do not pay back
- Money awarded to students based on financial circumstances or need
Who provides Need-Based Grants and Scholarships?
- The State of North Carolina
- The Federal Government
- Colleges and Universities
- Private Organizations
How to get Need-Based Grants and Scholarships in 2 easy steps:
- Apply to College
- Remember application deadlines vary, so it is important to stay in touch with the
admissions offices at your selected school.
- File your Free Application for Federal State Aid (FAFSA) after October 1. Your eligibility
for state and federal need-based aid is determined when you complete the FAFSA.
- If you are a North Carolina resident:
- List the colleges and universities you are considering attending on your
FAFSA and you will be automatically considered for every state and federal
need-based grant or scholarship as long as you list at least one eligible
North Carolina college or university participating in these programs.
That's all you have to do! Once you submit your FAFSA, no further action is required on your part.
Your college or university will contact you to let you know if you qualify for aid or if they
need more information.
Want to know more about Need-Based Grants and Scholarships?
Check out the Need-Based Grants and Scholarships Programs for North Carolinians!