Top 6 Things Educators Should Know about NC Countdown to College!
(Number 2 will be your favorite!)
- NC Countdown to College is a month-long initiative to increase the number of students who pursue post-secondary education by assisting high school seniors with the college admissions process (residence, FAFSA, and applications) and ensuring that each participating student submits at least one admissions application. This initiative includes College Application Week, when many NC colleges and universities waive application fees.
- THIS YEAR COLLEGE APPLICATION WEEK HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 2 WEEKS which means 2 weeks of free applications for those institutions that are waiving fees!
- Over 40 North Carolina schools will waive their application fees on CFNC.org during these two weeks!
- Advise your students to start on CFNC.org to ensure they benefit from the fee waivers. We cannot guarantee that fee waivers will extend to other application platforms, like Common App.
- Register your site! Registered site coordinators will receive a cool mask (while supplies last)! Registered sites receive tips and tricks on a successful event! To help you prepare for the event, we are pleased to offer the Site Coordinator’s Resource Guide.
- Live Help Sessions throughout the month for Q&A assistance on planning for college, FAFSA, RDS, financial aid, and college applications!
- Technical Guidelines to ensure your success! Send them to your district level technical contacts before C2C starts to ensure that all of your students will be able to access the sites/URLs they will need. Many schools/districts use Zscaler or other network security that may prevent access to URLs unless they are specifically included as allowable sites.
- Download our CFNC Widget for your webpage or virtual classroom to give your students a quick link to get to all of the important NC Countdown to College resources!
Here’s a handy video that walks through our Top 6 for 2020!Go Back to News