Week 1 - C2C Overview & Career Planning
Things to Accomplish This Week:
- Create a MyCFNC account if you don’t already have one.
- Utilize Plan a Career tools and information to identify potential careers.
- Find colleges that are right for you using College Search and Explore Programs and Majors. This will help you narrow down the list of colleges you will apply to later this month.
- Apply for FSA IDs – both the student and one of the parents need FSA IDs in order to complete and submit the FAFSA form in Week 2. (fsaid.ed.gov)
Live Virtual Events:
C2C Overview & Career Planning
Need help choosing a career path? Find out what tools we have available to assist you, including career assessments, college search tools, and more. You’ll also receive an overview of what’s going on during October to help you with residency, FAFSA, and applications for admission.
- T o be announced
NC Countdown to College Virtual Career Fair: Trades & Apprenticeships
Have you ever wondered about trade programs offered through our North Carolina Community College System? What about apprenticeships programs? This virtual career fair will bring together a panel of professionals who assist with or work in various trades across the state. In addition, we'll have an educator on the panel to discuss apprenticeship programs. Attendees will hear valuable information and have a chance to ask questions related to vital trade programs offered at community colleges across the state.
- To be announced
How-to Create a CFNC Account:
How-To Use College Search:
Helpful Resources To Check Out This Week:
- Plan Your Future
- Plan for College
- College Search
- Find a Career
- College Entrance Requirements
- Explore Programs and Majors
- Finding the Right College For You
- What Do You Want to Be