Week 4 - I Applied. Now What?
10/25/21 - 10/29/21
Things to Accomplish This Week:
- Submit transcripts on CFNC.org, if you have not already. Many students will have done this while submitting applications on CFNC.org. If you used another website to submit an application this month, such as the college’s direct website or Common App, you can still use CFNC.org to send official high school transcripts to your colleges. A final transcript will also be sent approximately ten days after grades are posted at the end of your senior year. (https://www.cfnc.org/media/oygbxsqi/electronic-transcripts-faq-student.pdf).
- Follow up with your colleges to see if you have submitted everything that you need to for admissions. You can also track applications on CFNC.org.
- If you have not already, begin submitting scholarship applications. You can look for local scholarships (ask your school counselor), institutional scholarships (look on your college’s website or ask the school), national scholarships, and North Carolina scholarships (https://www.cfnc.org/pay-for-college/scholarship-search/). Never pay for scholarship information.
Live Virtual Events:
I Applied. Now What?
You've applied to college, completed RDS, and/or submitted the FAFSA form - excellent work! But, what happens next? This session will give students a lesson on what to expect as the rest of their senior year unfolds. Students will learn what college admission might need between now and May 1 (College Decision Day), what next steps might be for RDS (submitting documentation, appeals, etc.), and what they need to do to make sure college is paid for (like apply for scholarships!).
- Tuesday, 10/26/21 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Registration coming soon!
C2C Wrap Up Q&A Drop-In Session
Come prepared with all of your questions! This entire hour is dedicated to answering attendee questions about anything C2C related. We can assist with lingering thoughts about college applications, career choices, RDS, transcripts, or financial aid. We’ll also have a Spanish Services Representative to answer questions in Spanish.
How-to Search for a Scholarship on CFNC:
How-to Complete a CFNC College Application:
How-to Send a Transcript:
Helpful Resources To Check Out This Week:
- Apply to College
- Electronic Transcripts FAQ
- What Happens After NC Countdown to College
- I applied now what
- Scholarship Search
- 20 Things to Know About Financing College
- Going to College Without Going Broke
- Tips on Paying for College
- Don’t Get Hooked – Financial Aid Scams