Week 3 - Application Week
10/18/21 - 10/22/21
Things to Accomplish This Week:
- Begin your college applications this week by first going to the Application Hub on CFNC.org. This will ensure that you are directed to the preferred application for admission. Some colleges use multiple applications like the Common App and the CFNC.org application. During College Application Week (10/18-10/22) we encourage you to use the CFNC.org application whenever possible since it is the only website that we can guarantee will waive application fees for participating colleges and universities.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA form with help from parents or legal guardians. (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa/)
- Complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) process (www.ncresidency.org), if you have not already. This is an important part of the application and financial aid process, as it allows you to apply for in-state Residency for tuition purposes as well as become eligible for state grants (in conjunction with the FAFSA form being completed).
Live Virtual Events:
As you prepare to apply to colleges and universities, plan to attend one of these live help sessions hosted by admissions professionals. Each session will start with a short presentation of helpful tips and information for submitting a transcript and completing online applications. You will then have an opportunity to get YOUR questions answered via live chat. We look forward to assisting you!
- Tuesday, 10/19/21 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - REGISTER
- Wednesday, 10/20/21 from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM* - REGISTER
- Thursday, 10/21/21 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM* - REGISTER
* A Spanish Services Representative will be on hand to answer questions in Spanish.
How-to Complete a CFNC College Application:
How-to Complete RDS: