Week 4 - I Applied Now What?
10/26/20 - 10/30/20
Things to Accomplish This Week:
- Submit transcripts on CFNC.org, if you have not already. Many students will have done this while submitting applications on CFNC.org. If you used another website to submit an application this month, such as the college’s direct website or Common App, you can still use CFNC.org to send official high school transcripts to your colleges. A final transcript will also be sent approximately ten days after grades are posted at the end of your senior year. (https://www.cfnc.org/media/oygbxsqi/electronic-transcripts-faq-student.pdf).
- Finish submitting your applications on CFNC.org by 5 PM on 10/30/20.
- Follow up with your colleges to see if you have submitted everything that you need to for admissions. You can also track applications on CFNC.org.
- If you have not already, begin submitting scholarship applications. You can look for local scholarships (ask your school counselor), institutional scholarships (look on your college’s website or ask the school), national scholarships, and North Carolina scholarships (https://www.cfnc.org/pay-for-college/scholarship-search/). Never pay for scholarship information.
Live Virtual Events:
As you prepare to apply to colleges and universities, plan to attend one of these live help sessions hosted by admissions professionals. Each session will start with a short presentation of helpful tips and information for submitting a transcript and completing online applications. You will then have an opportunity to get YOUR questions answered via live chat. We look forward to assisting you!
- Monday, 10/26/20 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM REGISTER/JOIN
- Thursday, 10/29/20 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM REGISTER/JOIN
Financial Aid 101
After the FAFSA, but before your first day on campus, you need Financial Aid 101. What is an award letter? If you’ve already completed your FAFSA for the 2021-2022 school year, you had to report your 2019 income on the FAFSA you filed; what if your household situation has changed in 2020? And what if you are selected for verification? Financial aid administrators will be on hand for live chat, resources will be offered specific to your questions, and a short presentation every 15 minutes will help in case you don’t even know what to ask.
- Tuesday, 10/27/20 from 9:00 - 11:00 AM REGISTER/JOIN
- Wednesday, 10/28/20 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM REGISTER/JOIN
How-to Complete a CFNC College Application:
How-to Send a Transcript:
Helpful Resources To Check Out This Week:
- Apply to College
- Electronic Transcripts FAQ
- What Happens After NC Countdown to College
- I applied now what
- Scholarship Search
- 20 Things to Know About Financing College
- Going to College Without Going Broke
- Tips on Paying for College
- Don’t Get Hooked – Financial Aid Scams